Become a New Member
It takes collaboration to create a more just, caring and healthy community for all. Community Shares of Mid Ohio actively seeks nonprofits based in Central Ohio to assist in creating vibrant neighborhoods for everyone. Our programs enhance the capacity of our members to accomplish their missions through funding, education, networking and marketing.
Membership in Community Shares offers your organization:
- Representation at more than 20 workplaces.
- Application on behalf of your organization to be eligible for donations from employees at the Federal Government, State of Ohio, City of Columbus, Franklin County, and The Ohio State University.
- Contact information, if provided, for every donor who pledges to your organization.
- Opportunity to receive money in addition to designated gifts.
- Unrestricted funding allowing your organization the flexibility to accomplish its work.
- Diversified revenue streams.
- Direct support through employees choosing to donate to your organization.
- Support in maintaining a good standing with Federal, State and Local governments.
- Support to meet qualifications for grants and other possible funding opportunities.
- Access to education sessions throughout the year from Community Shares to assist your organization in its operations, fundraising and administration.
- Referrals to additional education sessions available through partners in the community.
- Opportunity to consult with Community Shares staff regarding advice, best practices and additional resources.
- Advice, support, and best practices from more than 60 nonprofits working in Central Ohio.
- Opportunities to discuss and pursue collaborations with fellow members.
- Resources and opportunities you not may have been aware of in the community for your organization.
- Information sharing among members including job openings, contact needs and resource sharing.
- Inclusion in the yearly brochure and on Community Shares website.
- Promotions of your organization’s events and success through the Community Shares website and social media accounts.
- Ability to list upcoming events on the Community Shares event calendar.
- Tools to promote your organization’s membership in Community Shares.
Don't just take our word for it — see what some of our member charities have to say about their experience with Community Shares of Mid Ohio!
"The dollars donated to NNEMAP through Community Shares represents about three weeks of our budget and is one of the largest single sources of income for our pantry. These dollars are for operating support and are not specifically tied to any project. This gives an organization like ours a great deal of flexibility and makes a big difference." - NNEMAP Food Pantry
"Community Shares provides opportunities to meet professionals and build relationships/partnerships with other area nonprofit organizations, which result in opportunities to build positive, collaborative relationships. The work of Community Shares lifts the nonprofit community in the greater Columbus area as it helps each of us focus on innovative ways to work together and enhance the common good." - Camp Wyandot
"It’s often difficult to secure funding for advocacy work at the Statehouse on issues which impact low-income and disabled populations, seniors on fixed income, veterans and low-wage earning families. This is exactly what Community Shares donations allow." - Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO)
Nonprofits must be able to comply with the Community Shares Membership Policies and complete an application in order to be consider for membership.